Okay, it’s time again for some outside the box ideas about design. Here we go….
1. LET THE CEILING DO THE TALKING!
You’ve heard it a million times here…don’t ignore the ceiling. Think up something you’ve never seen before…why not?
Image via Gorgeous Shiny Things
2. WALL PAPER WITH NEWSPAPER!!
(can’t remember image source)
3. MIX FLORALS, ANIMAL PRINT AND GREEK KEY ALL IN ONE ROOM!
Okay this might have been something I would not have liked a few years ago. Bit if you allow your mind to be open, what you might not have liked yesterday you may love insanely today. This is my new favorite pattern mix!!!
Image via Ivy & Piper
Image via Lonny
4. PAINT AN INSANELY STRONG COLOR INSIDE A WHITE CABINET!
Who doesn’t like an element of surprise?
5. USE WALLPAPER THAT GIVES A 3-D ILLUSION
6. USE AS MANY COLORS AND SHAPES AS YOU CAN IN ONE ROOM AND BE SURPRISED AT THE HAPPY MIX!
This room that Darlene of Fieldstone Hill design did just makes me smile! Hello happy room!
Interior design Fieldstone Hill
Same idea below, different colors, different designer….
Interior design Sabina Vavra of Madison West Interiors
And another one that makes me smile….
(please post designer if you know)
7. LIVE LIKE A MERMAID(?)…JUST IN CASE YOU WANT TO!
This apartment below is for sale by a model in NYC. I give her kudos for allowing herself to be who she is. A modern day Venus perhaps?
And somebody else taking it a step further….Sleeping in a shell bed????
Image via Hannabeth
After all you should live like you – not everybody else!! And you should certainly not try to please everybody else, your home is for you!
Life is too short for depressing interiors!
HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEKEND!!!